"We were in a panic and only started preparation in June. This course was a godsend. We only have one child and so were entirely new to it all , had never heard of CEM before and certainly had no idea what level we should be working at or indeed what some of the tests might contain. The beauty of this course was that it organised everything for us , all we had to do was print the work, get it done and mark it. All the additional advice around organising ourselves and the work and doing some rewards was also really useful."
"We had several false starts with our preparation and couldn't really get going. We bought the course as a last resort and it certainly helped us because all the organisation was done for us. We did what was suggested and offered rewards based on behaviour and this seemed to work well. It was still a challenge to sit down and do the work as there is a lot there, in fact a huge amount but we certainly got on better with it than we did using books."
This is one of our full 11 Plus Courses, it is ideal for children starting their preparation with around three months to go until the exam. The course is broken into 10 parts, is very intensive and represents excellent value. See the preview for a good idea of what’s included.
One of the key advantages of using this course vs books is that everything is planned and organised for you, parents don’t need to worry about what to buy and which topics to do when or what to focus on. It’s all organised so that nothing can get in the way of learning. This is really important when the time you have available is limited.
The cost quoted is for the whole course, there is nothing else to pay.
What does it include ?
- This course is fully planned and in each part children will work on their Vocabulary Development as well as preparing for the individual CEM exam elements of Verbal Reasoning, Maths and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
- While the course includes over 25 timed papers and tests, it is the focus we place on core skills such as vocabulary development and working accurately in Maths which makes the real difference.
- While most books are just a series of tests our course provides the right materials for children to enable them to develop their skills and actually learn – tests alone will not help children.
- There are 10 parts to the course with each part providing about 60 pages of learning and testing work. Each part includes full answers with detailed explanations where they are needed (for instance all our non-verbal questions have detailed answers). See the preview for more detail on what is included in the course.
When should pupils use this course ?
- It has been designed to help pupils get into very competitive selective Grammar Schools which use the CEM test.
- Typically families will do this course when they have between 6 and 15 weeks to go to the exam. A child sitting an exam in September and starting this course in June (3.5 months prior to the exam) can be confident of covering the ground as well as is possible in the time available.
- Because the course is very full and intensive we do not recommend allowing yourself less than 6 weeks to cover it as you won’t get the full benefit from it.
How will it be delivered ?
- Once purchased you will be able to download the first part of the course from the site.
- You will receive an email a week later letting you know the second part of the course is available to download.
- The next part of the course can be released more quickly to enable pupils to cover the ground more quickly.
- All our courses are delivered on pdf and designed to be printed out and completed on paper. They are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort because children learn best using a pen and paper.
- Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section.
You can choose to preview the course or purchase it below.