"We were preparing for the GL exam for Bucks and used this course. We liked the organisation as this saved a lot of time and worry, we liked the colour and variety of the work and we liked the advice it gave on what to do when and how to approach the work. At the end we bought in a few more papers from other sources to keep us going until the exam. We felt the course was a very beneficial preparation exercise to go through."
" We had literally no time left until the exam ( at least that's what it felt like) we couldn't find a tutor and we didn't have the knowledge to start choosing books and laying out a work plan, so this course really helped us. We actually struggled to get through it all as there's so much there but we persevered and got there in the end. In our view you'd ideally need to spend longer than 10 weeks on the course due to the sheer volume of work that there is."
This is one of our full 11 Plus Courses, it is ideal for children starting their preparation with around three months to go until the exam. The course is broken into 10 parts, is very intensive and represents excellent value. See the preview for a good idea of what’s included.
One of the key advantages of using this course vs books is that everything is planned and organised for you, parents don’t need to worry about what to buy and which topics to do when or what to focus on. It’s all organised so that nothing can get in the way of learning. This is really important when the time you have available is limited.
The cost quoted is for the whole course, there is nothing else to pay.
What does it include ?
- This course is fully planned and in each part children will work on their Vocabulary Development as well as preparing for the individual GL exam elements of English, Verbal Reasoning, Maths and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
- While the course includes over 25 timed papers and tests, it is the focus we place on core skills such as vocabulary development and working accurately in Maths and English which makes the real difference.
- While most books are just a series of tests our course provides the right materials for children to enable them to develop their skills and actually learn – tests alone will not help children.
- There are 10 parts to the course with each part providing about 60 pages of learning and testing work. Each part includes full answers with detailed explanations where they are needed ( for instance all our non-verbal questions have detailed answers). See the preview for more detail on what is included in the course.
When should pupils use this course ?
- It has been designed to help pupils get into very competitive selective Grammar Schools which use the GL test.
- Typically families will do this course when they have between 6 and 15 weeks to go to the exam. A child sitting an exam in September and starting this course in June ( 3.5 months prior to the exam) can be confident of covering the ground as well as is possible in the time available.
- Because the course is very full and intensive we don’t recommend allowing yourself less than 6 weeks to cover it as you won’t get the full benefit from it.
How will it be delivered?
- Once purchased you will be able to download the first part of the course from the site.
- The next part of the course will be available to download the following day so you can progress at a pace that suits you.
- We recommend doing one part per week, however if you have more time available, for example if your child is not at school or during the holidays, you can start the next part whenever you are ready.
- All our courses are delivered on pdf and designed to be printed out and completed on paper. They are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort because children learn best using a pen and paper.
- Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section.
You can choose to preview the course or purchase it below.