"This course helped me to prepare my son for his 11 Plus exam. We were new to the 11 Plus and the sheer number of books available was just confusing. I needed to feel confident that we were covering in sufficient detail and doing the right things at the right time. All I had to do was print the course and then focus on helping my son through it, there was no other planning needed."
"What a life saver ! I had prepared my older child using books and it was a real pain. Using this course allowed me just to get on helping my daughter. It was also much more cost effective. We started early and finished early and then in the last two or three weeks just bought in a few papers to keep their skills going. "
This is our all-in-one course, it prepares children thoroughly for the entire GL 11 Plus exam. The course is broken into 20 parts, is very intensive and represents excellent value. See the preview for a good idea of what’s included.
One of the key advantages of using this course vs books is that everything is planned and organised for you, parents don’t need to worry about what to buy and which topics to do when or what to focus on. It’s all organised so that nothing can get in the way of learning.
The cost quoted is for the whole course, there is nothing else to pay.
What does it include ?
• This course is fully planned and in each part children will work on their Vocabulary Development as well as preparing for the individual GL exam elements of English, Verbal Reasoning, Maths and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
• While the course includes over 35 timed papers and tests, it is the focus we place on core skills such as vocabulary development and working accurately in Maths and English which makes the real difference.
• While most books are just a series of tests our course provides the right materials for children to enable them to develop their skills and actually learn – tests alone will not help children.
• There are 20 parts to the course with each part providing about 45 pages of learning and testing work. Each part includes full answers with detailed explanations where they are needed ( for instance all our non-verbal questions have detailed answers). See the preview for more detail on what is included in the course.
When should pupils use this course ?
• It has been designed to help pupils get into very competitive selective Grammar Schools which use the GL test.
• Typically families will do this course when they have between 20 and 40 weeks to go to the exam. A child sitting an exam in September and starting this course in January ( 8 months prior to the exam) can be confident of covering the ground well.
• While some children will start using this course in the January of the year they sit the test and have a full but more relaxed preparation, others may start much later in May. They will work more intensively but still cover the ground.• Because the course is very full and intensive we don’t recommend allowing yourself less than 15 weeks to cover it as you won’t get the full benefit from it.
How will it be delivered ?
• Once purchased you will be able to download the first part of the course from the site.
• You will receive an email a week later letting you know the second part of the course is available to download.
• The next part of the course can be released more quickly to enable pupils to cover the ground more quickly.
• All our courses are delivered on pdf and designed to be printed out and completed on paper. They are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort because children learn best using a pen and paper.
• Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section.