"Great course and good value too. With the time we had available I doubt there's anything else we could have used which would have delivered such good results. Because everything was organised for us I could spend more time with my daughter actually helping her. Because both vocabulary and verbal reasoning were combined I think her improvement was much greater than it would have been if we had just focussed on doing CEM questions."
"This work helped us a lot. I wouldn't have known how important it was to focus on vocabulary as well as verbal reasoning without it and couldn't have imagined we could have made such a lot of progress in such a short time. The course is hard work as there is a lot in there, but as it's all laid out for you it was straightforward to do."
This is our shortest vocabulary and verbal reasoning course. It is intensive and we have tried to pack as much into it as we can so it represents really good value. See the preview for a good idea of what’s included.
What does it include?
- This course is fully planned with revision built in to ensure children see words with the frequency that allows learning to happen.
- The course includes technique instruction and explanation on each type of verbal reasoning question for CEM exams together with on-going practice questions.
- Preparation is flexible because CEM exams can change at any time.
- We include hundreds of questions and 4 full timed VR tests at the end.
- It is a 10 part course with each part having 16-20 tasks within it.
- We don’t provide our VR instruction separately from vocabulary development because without a very wide vocabulary children will not do well enough to get through an 11 Plus exam.
When should pupils use this course?
- It has been designed to help children get into with very competitive selective Grammar Schools or Independent Schools who use CEM tests.
- It is most commonly used by families who have left preparation until they have two or three months to go until an exam or test and need something that is fully structured and properly planned so that no time is wasted.
- The course is very intensive. It can be delivered in six weeks but anything less than that is likely to be overly intensive and children will not get best value from it.
How will it be delivered?
- Once purchased you will be able to download and print the first part of the course directly from the site.
- You will receive an email a week later letting you know that the second part of the course is available to download from the Learning Street website.
- Your next part of the course can be released more quickly to enable pupils to cover the ground in a shorter time than ten weeks if necessary.
- We deliver all our courses to be printed out and completed on paper, they are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort. We do this because children learn best when using a paper and pen.
- Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section for every question.