"Because we heard that CEM questions can change at any time we didn't really know where to start. This course helped a lot because it went through all the main CEM questions everyone knows about and then helped my daughter try other questions so she'd be prepared for whatever she faced on the day. Her vocabulary improved enormously which helped her to do well on the day."
"We wanted something which took the pain out of working out which books to buy and when to schedule everything. This course was perfect and I think was probably cheaper than buying the four or five books we otherwise would have had to buy to cover the topic properly. We just printed out the work each week and got on with it. By the end my son felt very confident in handling the timed papers which were given."
This is our medium length vocabulary and verbal reasoning course. It is intensive and we have tried to pack as much into it as we can so it represents really good value. See the preview for a good idea of what’s included.
What does it include?
- This course is fully planned with revision built in to ensure children see words with the frequency that allows learning to happen.
- The course includes technique instruction and explanation on each type of verbal reasoning question for CEM exams together with on-going practice questions.
- Preparation is flexible because CEM exams can change at any time.
- We include hundreds of questions and 4 full timed VR tests at the end.
- It is a 20 part course with each part having 12-16 tasks within it.
- We don’t provide our VR instruction separately from vocabulary development because without a very wide vocabulary children will not do well enough to get through an 11 Plus exam.
When should pupils use this course?
- It has been designed to help children get into with very competitive selective Grammar Schools or Independent Schools who use CEM tests.
- It is most commonly used by families who have left preparation until they have between three to six months to go until an exam or test and need something that is fully structured and properly planned so that no time is wasted.
- The course is very intensive. It can be delivered in fifteen weeks but anything less than that is likely to be overly intensive and children will not get best value from it. For best results we recommend setting aside 20 weeks+ to complete this course.
How will it be delivered?
- Once purchased you will be able to download and print the first part of the course directly from the site.
- You will receive an email a week later letting you know that the second part of the course is available to download from the Learning Street website.
- Your next part of the course can be released more quickly to enable pupils to cover the ground in a shorter time than twenty weeks if necessary.
- We deliver all our courses to be printed out and completed on paper, they are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort. We do this because children learn best when using a paper and pen.
- Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section for every question.