"We have GL tests and were struggling to see how we could familiarise ourselves with the question types at the same time as building up vocabulary. This course was very helpful because everything we needed was there , all structured with full direction and instructions. We particularly liked the way the course built up vocabulary and our knowledge of the questions and then gradually built in timed tests and revisions. I'm fairly sure we wouldn't have managed to do such a complete job using books."
"We didn't start until late and when we looked through a paper we realised that we'd need to do quite a lot of work on vocabulary and question technique. This course helped us to deliver an effective period of work at home for our son. His knowledge of the question types improved, his vocabulary improved but most importantly the way the tests were structured helped him to work to speed. A good exam technique is very important in these exams. "
This is our medium length vocabulary and verbal reasoning course. It is intensive and we have tried to pack as much into it as we can so it represents really good value. See the preview for a good idea of what’s included.
What does it include?
- This course is fully planned with revision built in to ensure children see words with the frequency that allows learning to happen.
- The course includes technique instruction and explanation on each type of verbal reasoning question for GL exams together with on-going practice questions.
- It includes revision tests and four full 85 question timed tests to ensure learning has fully sunk in.
- It is a 20 part course with each part having 12-16 tasks within it.
- We don’t provide our VR instruction separately from vocabulary development because without a very wide vocabulary children will not do well enough to get through an 11 Plus exam.
When should pupils use this course?
- It has been designed to help children get into very competitive selective Grammar Schools or Independent Schools who use GL tests.
- It is most commonly used by families who have left preparation until they have between three to six months to go until an exam or test and need something that is fully structured and properly planned so that no time is wasted.
- The course is very intensive. It can be delivered in fifteen weeks but anything less than that is likely to be overly intensive and children will not get best value from it. We recommend children ideally spend 20+ weeks doing this course to get best value from it.
How will it be delivered?
- Once purchased you will be able to download and print the first part of the course directly from the site.
- You will receive an email a week later letting you know that the second part of the course is available to download from the Learning Street website.
- Your next part of the course can be released more quickly to enable pupils to cover the ground in a shorter time than twenty weeks if necessary.
- We deliver all our courses to be printed out and completed on paper, they are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort. We do this because children learn best when using a paper and pen.
- Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section for every question.