"We started really late, in July and I was shocked when I saw how much we'd have to do for these GL Verbal Reasoning tests. Having tried some of the questions I had no idea where to start. This course was perfect for us, it not only improved my daughter's vocabulary but also showed her how to answer the questions and gave her quite a bit of good exam practice. Having everything organised for us was really important with so little time available."
"We'd been using books but were not making very good progress so we tried this course. For what it provided it was great value. It did what we couldn't do for ourselves which was to hold our hand through the preparation process- everything was planned for us. By the end of the course my daughter was ready to have a go at the full test papers."
This is our shortest vocabulary and verbal reasoning course with the addition of full preparation for the GL English 11 Plus Exam. It is intensive and we have tried to pack as much into it as we can so it represents really good value. See the preview for a good idea of what’s included.
What does it include?
- This course is fully planned with revision built in to ensure children see words with the frequency that allows learning to happen.
- The course includes technique instruction and explanation on each type of verbal reasoning question for GL exams together with on-going practice questions.
- It includes revision tests and four full 85 question timed tests to ensure learning has fully sunk in.
- It is a 10 part course with each part having 16-20 tasks within it.
- We don’t provide our VR instruction separately from vocabulary development because without a very wide vocabulary children will not do well enough to get through an 11 Plus exam.
- In addition to vocabulary and verbal reasoning the course includes full instruction for the GL English test including the most difficult form of comprehensions using classic texts.
When should pupils use this course?
- It has been designed to help children get into very competitive selective Grammar Schools or Independent Schools who use GL tests.
- It is most commonly used by families who have left preparation until they have two or three months to go until an exam or test and need something that is fully structured and properly planned so that no time is wasted.
- The course is very intensive. It can be delivered in six weeks but anything less than that is likely to be overly intensive and children will not get best value from it.
How will it be delivered?
- Once purchased you will be able to download and print the first part of the course directly from the site.
- You will receive an email a week later letting you know that the second part of the course is available to download from the Learning Street website.
- Your next part of the course can be released more quickly to enable pupils to cover the ground in a shorter time than ten weeks if necessary.
- We deliver all our courses to be printed out and completed on paper, they are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort. We do this because children learn best when using a paper and pen.
- Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section for every question.
People who bought this also bought:
- Maths and NVR – Boost- GL: This course is fully planned, children are taken logically through a structured course designed to improve their performance in the most challenging forms of 11 Plus and Independent School Maths tests.
Alternative Course Option:
- 11 Plus Programme- Boost – GL: This course includes both the material from the Maths and NVR Boost and the Vocabulary, Verbal Reasoning and English Boost courses but it is structured as one course and is slightly cheaper than buying the two courses together.