"Trying to find books to help our son was very difficult as there was just so much choice. Instead we opted for this course and it worked like a charm. Everything was laid out for us and we just printed the work and got on with it. "
"We wanted to support our daughter with the really tough job of getting into a London school. We were applying for several schools so needed a course which could help with all the maths and English skills required which this course managed to do. The vocabulary development, the difficult comprehensions and the technical English work were what we valued most as our daughter was already pretty good with her maths."
This course is ideal for children starting their preparation for school-written 11 Plus exams at independent schools with around three months to go. The course is broken into 10 parts, is very intensive and represents excellent value. See the preview for a good idea of what’s included.
One of the key advantages of using this course vs books is that everything is planned and organised for you, parents don’t need to worry about what to buy and which topics to do when or what to focus on. It’s all organised so that nothing can get in the way of learning. This is really important when the time you have available is limited.
The cost quoted is for the whole course, there is nothing else to pay.
What does it include ?
- This course is fully planned and in each part children will work on their Vocabulary Development, English, and Maths. If you need additional preparation for a creative writing element we also have our Creative Writing Course available.
- While the course includes over 25 timed papers and tests, it is the focus we place on core skills such as vocabulary development and working accurately in Maths and English which makes the real difference.
- While most books are just a series of tests our course provides the right materials for children to enable them to develop their skills and actually learn, tests alone will not help children.
- There are 10 parts to the course with each part providing about 60 pages of learning and testing work. Each part includes full answers with detailed explanations where they are needed. See the preview for more detail on what is included in the course.
When should pupils use this course ?
- It has been designed to help pupils get into very competitive independent schools.
- Typically families will do this course when they have between 6 and 15 weeks to go to the exam.
- Because the course is very full and intensive we don’t recommend allowing yourself less than 6 weeks to cover it as you won’t get the full benefit from it.
How will it be delivered?
- Once purchased you will be able to download the first part of the course from the site.
- The next part of the course will be available to download the following day so you can progress at a pace that suits you.
- We recommend doing one part per week, however if you have more time available, for example if your child is not at school or during the holidays, you can start the next part whenever you are ready.
- All our courses are delivered on pdf and designed to be printed out and completed on paper. They are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort because children learn best using a pen and paper.
- Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section.