This is our mid-length vocabulary course. It is intensive and we have tried to pack as much into it as we can so it represents excellent value. See the preview for a good idea of what’s included.
What does it include?
- This course is fully planned with revision built in to ensure children see words with the frequency that allows learning to happen. Children who follow the course and do the tasks as set will show a very considerable improvement in their vocabulary.
- It is a 20 part course with each part having 11-14 tasks within it.
- The work covers the following… words from past papers, synonyms, opposites (antonyms), homographs, homophones, commonly misspelt words, very difficult opposites, revision.
When should pupils use this course?
- It has been designed to help children get into very competitive selective Grammar Schools or Independent Schools.
- It can also be helpful for advanced students wanting to enhance their vocabulary in preparation for SATs exams.
- It is most commonly used by families who have left preparation until they have between three to six months to go until an exam or test and need something that is fully structured and properly planned so that no time is wasted.
- If the work is to be done over a shorter period than 20 weeks, work will need to be more intense. If a longer time is available then work can be spread out and done more thoroughly.
How will it be delivered?
- Once purchased you will be able to download and print the first part of the course directly from the site.
- You will receive an email a week later letting you know that the second part of the course is available to download from the Learning Street website.
- Your next part of the course can be released more quickly to enable pupils to cover the ground in a shorter time than twenty weeks if necessary.
- We deliver all our courses to be printed out and completed on paper, they are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort. We do this because children learn best when using a paper and pen.
- Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section for every question.