"We really appreciated the focus we are asked to put on reading and the personal words lists that were provided for us to use. These when combined with a good focus on core skills, like spelling, has really helped our child."
"This course helped us support our daughter with a good selection of most of the core skills. Her spelling has improved considerably and it stimulated us to read with her more which has had a beneficial effect."
This course covers English and is appropriate for children in years two and three. The course is 28 parts long and represents excellent value. See the preview for a good idea of what’s included.
The difference between this course and course 1 is that course 1.5 starts halfway through course 1 and runs through to halfway through course 2. This allows us to provide the right level of work to slightly more advanced children who would otherwise find starting course 1 too easy and course 2 too difficult.
Who is this course right for ?
- With ages varying by a whole year between children in the same class and also varying levels of maturity it’s important to understand which course is most appropriate for your child.
- Go to our course selector for Primary School children which will give you a good idea of which one to choose based on your child’s ability and what stage they are in at school.
What does this course achieve ?
- This course helps children develop their core skills and also move ahead.
- It is designed to be both a gentle and fun exercise but at the same ensure lots of progress is made.
- After a year of working with us results show children can improve up to two levels beyond their predicted level.
- The course helps children develop very strong educational foundations which is critical at this stage.
- Typically an able child who is currently under-performing but has an ambition to be on top tables at school will be at that level within a year of working with us.
What does this course include ?
- Each part of the course ( 28 parts) includes about 5 to 8 items of English work .
- There are about 170 separate exercises in total in this course , covering over 230 pages with full instructions and answers.
- The course is fully structured so that it is as easy as possible for parents to help their children.
- The work is all age and ability appropriate and has been running for many years with great success.
- The work provides for a mix of consolidation, revision and moving ahead. We emphasise at this stage that consolidation and ongoing revision and the development of solid foundations is much more important than charging ahead.
How will the course be delivered ?
- Once purchased you will be able to download the first part of the course from the site.
- The next part of the course will be available to download the following day so you can progress at a pace that suits you.
- We recommend doing one part per week, however if you have more time available, for example if your child is not at school or during the holidays, you can start the next part whenever you are ready.
- All our courses are delivered on pdf and designed to be printed out and completed on paper. They are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort because children learn best using a pen and paper.
- Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section