"We have a bright child but decided on this course as a start point. We took the advice that consolidation at this age is important and it has worked well for us. Looking back on it our son became much more confident in his abilities because the course doesn’t pile the stress on but takes you gently through some very important core skills."
"I have tried to use books before to help my child as he was getting next to no homework from school but I struggled. We then started this course and he really engaged with it. There’s a great mix of work and the sheets are engaging. We particularly liked having the flexibility to jump around and do what we had time for."
This course covers Maths and English and is appropriate for children in years two and three. The course is 28 parts long and represents excellent value. . See the preview for a good idea of what is included
Who is this course right for ?
- With ages varying by a whole year in a class and also varying levels of maturity it’s important to understand which course is most appropriate for your child.
- Go to our course selector for Primary School children which will give you a good idea of which one to choose based on your child’s ability and what stage they are at in school.
What does this course achieve ?
- This course helps children secure the basics and also move ahead.
- It is designed to be both a gentle and fun exercise but at the same time ensure lots of progress is made.
- After a year of working with us, results show children can improve up two levels beyond their predicted level.
- The course helps children develop very strong educational foundations which is critical at this stage.
- Typically an able child who is currently under-performing but has an ambition to be on top tables at school will be at that level within a year of working with us.
What does this course include ?
- Each part of the course ( 28 parts) includes about 10 to 12 items of work split between Maths and English.
- There are about 300 separate exercises in total in the course , covering over 400 pages ,with full instructions and answers.
- The course is fully structured so that it is as easy as possible for parents to help their children.
- The work is all age and ability appropriate and has been running for many years with great success.
- The work provides for a mix of consolidation, revision and moving ahead. We emphasise at this stage that consolidation and ongoing revision and the development of solid foundations is much more important than charging ahead.
How will the course be delivered ?
- Once purchased you will be able to download the first part of the course from the site.
- The next part of the course will be available to download the following day so you can progress at a pace that suits you.
- We recommend doing one part per week, however if you have more time available, for example if your child is not at school or during the holidays, you can start the next part whenever you are ready.
- All our courses are delivered on pdf and designed to be printed out and completed on paper. They are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort because children learn best using a pen and paper.
- Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section