"This course has worked for us. It’s been particularly useful to have everything prepared for us so all we had to do was to sit down and get on with it. We had previously looked at buying books but there were just so many available that it was difficult to tell which ones we should use or what order we should do them in."
"Our son was reasonably advanced already but we did the course really to act as homework as his school wasn’t providing any. The course helped him to revise and I suppose to secure some of the skills he had already half-learnt. He’s now moving on to the next stage with quite a bit of confidence."
This course covers Maths and is appropriate for children in years two and three. The course is 28 parts long and represents excellent value. See the preview for a good idea of what’s included.
Who is this course right for ?
- With ages varying by a whole year between children in the same class and also varying levels of maturity it’s important to understand which course is most appropriate for your child.
- Go to our course selector for Primary School children which will give you a good idea of which one to choose based on your child’s ability and what stage they are in at school.
What does this course achieve ?
- This course helps children develop their core skills and also move ahead.
- It is designed to be both a gentle and fun exercise but at the same ensure lots of progress is made.
- After a year of working with us results show children can improve up to two levels beyond their predicted level.
- The course helps children develop very strong educational foundations which is critical at this stage.
- Typically an able child who is currently under-performing but has an ambition to be on top tables at school will be at that level within a year of working with us.
What does this course include ?
- Each part of the course (28 parts) includes about 5 to 8 items of Maths work .
- There are about 170 separate exercises in total in this course , covering over 200 pages with full instructions and answers.
- The course is fully structured so that it is as easy as possible for parents to help their children.
- The work is all age and ability appropriate and has been running for many years with great success.
- The work provides for a mix of consolidation, revision and moving ahead. We emphasise at this stage that consolidation and ongoing revision and the development of solid foundations is much more important than charging ahead.
How will the course be delivered ?
- Once purchased you will be able to download the first part of the course from the site.
- The next part of the course will be available to download the following day so you can progress at a pace that suits you.
- We recommend doing one part per week, however if you have more time available, for example if your child is not at school or during the holidays, you can start the next part whenever you are ready.
- All our courses are delivered on pdf and designed to be printed out and completed on paper. They are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort because children learn best using a pen and paper.
- Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section