"We were recommended to use this course by a friend who had some success with it. We were a little hesitant at first because the work seemed quite easy. Actually, the selection of work combined to produce some really good results. The advice we received was correct that children really benefit from doing lots of consolidation work alongside some newer topics. Confidence was one of the things that has improved enormously."
"We knew we had to something to help our child at home because we felt she wasn’t doing as well as she could have been at school. We started on this course and it has just given her so much more confidence in her skills. Some of it she has found quite easy but the mix overall has been great. While she is not quite there yet, she hopes to get amongst the top pupils in her class soon."
This course covers Maths and English and is appropriate for children in years three and four. The course is 38 parts long and represents excellent value. See the preview for a good idea of what is included.
The difference between this course and course 2 is that course 2.5 starts halfway through course 2 and runs through to halfway through course 3. This allows us to provide the right level of work to slightly more advanced children who would otherwise find starting course 2 too easy and course 3 too difficult.
Who is this course right for ?
- With ages varying by a whole year in a class and also varying levels of maturity it’s important to understand which course is most appropriate for your child.
- Go to our course selector for Primary School children which will give you a good idea of which one to choose based on your child’s ability and what stage they are at in school.
What does this course achieve ?
- This course helps children secure the basics and also move ahead.
- It is designed to be both a gentle and fun exercise but at the same time ensure lots of progress is made.
- After a year of working with us, results show children can improve up two levels beyond their predicted level.
- The course helps children develop very strong educational foundations which is critical at this stage.
- Typically an able child who is currently under-performing but has an ambition to be on top tables at school will be at that level within a year of working with us.
What does this course include ?
- Each part of the course ( 38 parts) includes about 10 to 12 items of work split between Maths and English.
- There are about 400 separate exercises in total in the course , covering over 500 pages ,with full instructions and answers.
- The course is fully structured so that it is as easy as possible for parents to help their children.
- The work is all age and ability appropriate and has been running for many years with great success.
- The work provides for a mix of consolidation, revision and moving ahead. We emphasise at this stage that consolidation and ongoing revision and the development of solid foundations is much more important than charging ahead.
How will the course be delivered ?
- Once purchased you will be able to download the first part of the course from the site.
- The next part of the course will be available to download the following day so you can progress at a pace that suits you.
- We recommend doing one part per week, however if you have more time available, for example if your child is not at school or during the holidays, you can start the next part whenever you are ready.
- All our courses are delivered on pdf and designed to be printed out and completed on paper. They are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort because children learn best using a pen and paper.
- Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section