"We have tried to use books before but struggled as they are mostly quite dull. We thought we would have another go and use this course and it’s bright and varied and well laid out. My son appears to be engaged with it and, while we will still have to make an effort, it appears to be more engaging than books. For my part, I find the fact that it’s all there and ready to do much easier than deciding which books to use or how to organise our work - that painful job has been taken away from me which helps me focus on helping him."
"We used this course from May in year four and over the summer between year four and year five to help our daughter go over things. We both found the course useful, it was engaging for her and easy for us to administer. It helped her consolidate all her skills and there were certainly some weak spots uncovered which she now feels much more confident about. "
This course covers Maths and English and is appropriate for children in years four and five. The course is 18 parts long and represents excellent value. See the preview for a good idea of what is included.
The difference between this course and course 3 is that course 3.5 starts halfway through course 3 and runs through to the end of it. This allows us to provide the right level of work to slightly more advanced children who would otherwise find starting course 3 from the beginning not advanced enough.
Who is this course right for ?
- With ages varying by a whole year in a class and also varying levels of maturity it’s important to understand which course is most appropriate for your child.
- Go to our course selector for Primary School children which will give you a good idea of which one to choose based on your child’s ability and what stage they are at in school.
What does this course achieve ?
- This course helps children secure the basics and also move ahead.
- It is designed to be both a gentle and fun exercise but at the same time ensure lots of progress is made.
- After a year of working with us, results show children can improve up two levels beyond their predicted level.
- The course helps children develop very strong educational foundations which is critical at this stage.
- Typically an able child who is currently under-performing but has an ambition to be on top tables at school will be at that level within a year of working with us.
What does this course include ?
- Each part of the course ( 18 parts) includes about 10 to 12 items of work split between Maths and English.
- There are about 400 separate exercises in total in the course , covering over 500 pages ,with full instructions and answers.
- The course is fully structured so that it is as easy as possible for parents to help their children.
- The work is all age and ability appropriate and has been running for many years with great success.
- The work provides for a mix of consolidation, revision and moving ahead. We emphasise at this stage that consolidation and ongoing revision and the development of solid foundations is much more important than charging ahead.
How will the course be delivered ?
- Once purchased you will be able to download the first part of the course from the site.
- The next part of the course will be available to download the following day so you can progress at a pace that suits you.
- We recommend doing one part per week, however if you have more time available, for example if your child is not at school or during the holidays, you can start the next part whenever you are ready.
- All our courses are delivered on pdf and designed to be printed out and completed on paper. They are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort because children learn best using a pen and paper.
- Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section