"English is not our first language at home and we were unsure how to help our son who is bright at maths and who we wanted to help get into a good school. His teacher told us his English was only a little better than average which we knew would not be good enough. This course really helped as we were not confident enough in our English to use books. He did the course in year four and it really helped set him up for the main preparation work in year five."
"Our daughter is on top tables for English and read quite early so we used this course at the end of year three as instructed. We weren’t really concerned with pushing her, we really got the course because she was keen to do something after school each day and she enjoys the literacy side. She was always keen to do the course and enjoyed it."
This course covers English and is appropriate for children in years four and five. The course is 32 parts long and represents excellent value. See the preview for a good idea of what’s included.
Who is this course right for ?
- With ages varying by a whole year between children in the same class and also varying levels of maturity it’s important to understand which course is most appropriate for your child.
- Go to our course selector for Primary School children which will give you a good idea of which one to choose based on your child’s ability and what stage they are in at school.
What does this course achieve ?
- This course helps children develop their core skills and also move ahead.
- It is designed to be both a gentle and fun exercise but at the same ensure lots of progress is made.
- After a year of working with us results show children can improve up to two levels beyond their predicted level.
- The course helps children develop very strong educational foundations which is critical at this stage.
- Typically an able child who is currently under-performing but has an ambition to be on top tables at school will be at that level within a year of working with us.
What does this course include ?
- Each part of the course ( 32 parts) includes about 5 to 8 items of English work .
- There are about 200 separate exercises in total in this course , covering over 250 pages with full instructions and answers.
- The course is fully structured so that it is as easy as possible for parents to help their children.
- The work is all age and ability appropriate and has been running for many years with great success.
- The work provides for a mix of consolidation, revision and moving ahead. We emphasise at this stage that consolidation and ongoing revision and the development of solid foundations is much more important than charging ahead.
How will the course be delivered ?
- Once purchased you will be able to download the first part of the course from the site.
- You will receive an email a week later letting you know the second part of the course is available to download.
- The next part of the course can be released more quickly to enable pupils to cover the ground more quickly.
- All our courses are delivered on pdf and designed to be printed out and completed on paper. They are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort because children learn best using a pen and paper.
- Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section