"The course zoomed in on exactly the right set of skills for our child and was very thoughtfully put together. I’ve got absolutely no doubt that it’s really helped to improve their level."
"We tried to use books but found them rather unwieldy. This course really helped us to focus on what matters and worked by gradually advancing the level as it progressed. We felt much happier having everything all organised for us so all we had to focus on was helping our child."
This course prepares children thoroughly for the English and Maths 11 Plus exam used in Devonport and Plymouth. The course is broken into 20 parts, is very intensive and represents excellent value. See the preview for a good idea of what’s included.
One of the key advantages of using this course vs books is that everything is planned and organised for you, parents don’t need to worry about what to buy and which topics to do when or what to focus on. It’s all organised so that nothing can get in the way of learning.
The cost quoted is for the whole course, there is nothing else to pay.
What does it include ?
- This course is fully planned and in each part children will work on their Vocabulary Development as well as English, and Maths. If you need additional preparation for the creative writing element we also have our Creative Writing Course available.
- While the course includes over 35 timed papers and tests, it is the focus we place on core skills such as vocabulary development and working accurately in Maths and English which makes the real difference.
- While most books are just a series of tests, our course provides the right materials for children to enable them to develop their skills and actually learn. Tests alone will not help children.
- There are 20 parts to the course with each part providing about 45 pages of learning and testing work. Each part includes full answers with detailed explanations where they are needed. See the preview for more detail on what is included in the course.
Not sitting the 11 Plus exam in Devonport or Plymouth?
Our 11 Plus Programme – Enhance is also available, providing preparation for the CEM 11 Plus Exam sat in other areas of Devon.
When should pupils use this course ?
- It has been designed to help pupils get into very competitive selective Grammar Schools in Devonport and Plymouth.
- Typically families will do this course when they have between 15 and 30 weeks to go to the exam. Completing the course in 30 weeks allows for a full but more relaxed preparation, while completing the course in 15 weeks will require more intensive work to cover the ground.
- Because the course is very full and intensive we don’t recommend allowing yourself less than 15 weeks to cover it as you won’t get the full benefit.
How will it be delivered ?
- Once purchased you will be able to download the first part of the course from the site.
- The next part of the course will be available to download the following day so you can progress at a pace that suits you.
- We recommend doing 1 part per week, however if you have more time available, for example if your child is not at school or during the holidays, you can start the next part whenever you are ready.
- All our courses are delivered on pdf and designed to be printed out and completed on paper. They are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort because children learn best using a pen and paper.
- Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section.