"We had done quite a bit of preparation and needed something different to do over the summer. This course worked really for us as it is a really good mixture of real revision work and papers. There’s a lot there though and we would have struggled to do it all in four weeks."
"My son is reasonably advanced and did this course as a last-minute exercise before the exam. There was a good amount of revision exercises there which were useful for him to go over again and the papers were really good and stretched him, especially the comprehension materials."
This is a very intensive four part revision course. It’s ideal for any student who is about to sit a CEM style 11 Plus Exam. See the preview for a good idea of what’s included.
What does it include?
- This course is fully planned and covers all the main topic areas.
- Each part of the course has about 30 individual elements within it and there are roughly 1500 questions in the course.
- We focus on specific topics we know some children struggle with.
- We include specific exam technique work such as accuracy development.
- The preview contains examples of the work we include.
When should pupils use the course?
- It has been designed to help children get into the very competitive Grammar Schools which use CEM style tests.
- Some pupils use it for their entire preparation, but most use it at the end of a wider preparation process to boost their skills.
- Because it focusses on several question types which are specific to CEM style tests it should only be used in preparation for these tests.
- It is very intensive and ideally each part of the course will provide 1 week of intensive revision. It can be done more quickly than 4 weeks if students are willing to work very hard.
- Most pupils complete the course over 4-6 weeks for an effective outcome.
How will it be delivered?
- Once purchased you will be able to download and print the first part of the course directly from the site.
- You will receive an email a week later letting you know that the second part of the course is available to download from the Learning Street website.
- Your next part of the course can be released more quickly to enable students to cover the ground more quickly if needed.
- We deliver courses to be printed out and completed on paper, they are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort. We do this because children learn best when using paper and pen.
- Each part of the course contains its own bespoke answers section for every question.
People who bought this also bought:
- Maths Stretch and Revision (6-12+ weeks): This course is fully planned, children are taken logically through a structured course designed to improve their performance in the most challenging forms of 11 Plus and Independent School Maths tests.
- The Creative Writing Course (6-12+ weeks): This course is designed to help children develop their creative writing skills for 11+ exams.