"We didn't have much time to prepare and so this course was ideal as it could be done in ten weeks. The focus on accuracy at the beginning was real eye opener for us ! Then it was a mix of some work on revision, some work on individual topics and timed papers. The work felt like it was at the right level for the exam and as my son isn't a rocket scientist and just wanted to have a good chance it seemed right to focus on the level of question he would face in the test. "
"A great resource that worked really well for us as we live pretty busy lives and organising everything ourselves would have been particularly difficult. The Maths worked really well and the NVR involved going through the question types followed by a regular mix of questions. If we had more time we would have done this course and then done some papers at the end, but given the time we had, the course provided a very good preparation for the exam."
This is an intensive course and we have tried to pack as much into it as we can so it represents really good value. See the preview for a good idea of what’s included.
What does it include?
- This course is fully planned, children are taken logically through a structured course that builds their Maths skills to an 11 Plus standard.
- The course includes work on accuracy and core skills, core topic work and lots of timed revision tests.
- We also include ten full timed Maths papers which cover the syllabus and fully prepare children for the exam.
- Because many children don’t work accurately enough on the easier questions we deliberately include lots of accuracy improvement work. ‘Silly’ mistakes are without a doubt the biggest reason for falling short in the exam, we try to emphasise that working accurately is more important than moving ahead for the vast majority of children.
- This course covers the ground as fully as we can over a ten week period. It focuses on preparing children for the sort of questions they may face but does not go beyond this level.
- The course also includes NVR. In CEM tests NVR doesn’t carry as much weight as other subject areas, so we try and match the time we spend on it to its importance. Children will learn how to answer each of the nine different question types we identify. We then revise these question types throughout the course finishing with some timed test work.
When should pupils use this course?
- It has been designed to help children preparing for grammar schools which use a CEM entry test.
- This course will help children to reach the right standard in Maths and NVR for entry into their chosen Grammar School.
- Where limited time is available this course is ideal as it compresses the work needed into a ten part course.
- Where preparation time needs to be maximised this course helps as no time need be wasted sourcing and buying in separate books and papers.
- The course is very intensive. It can be delivered in six weeks but anything less than that is likely to be overly intensive and children will not get best value from it. We recommend children ideally spend 10+ weeks doing this course to get best value from it.
How will it be delivered?
- Once purchased you will be able to download and print the first part of the course directly from the site.
- The next part of the course will be available to download the following day so you can progress at a pace that suits you.
- We recommend doing one part per week, however if you have more time available, for example if your child is not at school or during the holidays, you can start the next part whenever you are ready.
- We deliver all our courses to be printed out and completed on paper, they are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort. We do this because children learn best when using a paper and pen.
- Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section for every question.
People who bought this also bought:
- The 11 Plus Vocabulary and Verbal Reasoning Boost Course: This course covers the literacy side of the exam which CEM call Verbal Reasoning but which includes lots of comprehension work and requires a very wide vocabulary.
An Alternative to this Course:
- The 11 Plus Programme Boost Course CEM: This course includes everything in the Maths Boost course and in the vocabulary and verbal reasoning course but within a single course for ease of use. It is slightly cheaper than buying the two courses separately. It also includes a few additional literacy worksheets and topics which are not included in the vocabulary and verbal course.
You can preview the course or purchase it below. The price below is the only fee that is payable, there are no monthly costs.