This is our shortest vocabulary course. It is intensive and we have tried to pack as much into it as we can so it represents really good value. See the preview for a good idea of what’s included.
What does it include?
- This course is fully planned with revision built in to ensure children see words with the frequency that allows learning to happen
- It is a 10 part course with each part having 12-14 tasks within it.
- The work covers the following… Words from past papers, synonyms, opposites (antonyms), homographs, homophones, commonly misspelt words, very difficult opposites, revision you can see more detail in the preview.
When should pupils use this course?
- It has been designed to help children get into very competitive selective Grammar Schools or Independent Schools.
- It can also be helpful for advanced students wanting to boost their vocabulary in preparation for SATs exams.
- It is most commonly used by families who have left preparation until they have two or three months to go until an exam or test and need something that is fully structured and properly planned so that no time is wasted.
How will it be delivered?
- Once purchased you will be able to download and print the first part of the course directly from the site.
- The next part of the course will be available to download the following day so you can progress at a pace that suits you.
- We recommend doing one part a week, however if you have more time available, for example if your child is not at school or during the holidays, you can start the next part whenever you are ready.
- We deliver all our courses to be printed out and completed on paper, they are not designed to be used on an electronic device of any sort. We do this because children learn best when using a paper and pen.
- Each part of the course includes its own bespoke answers section for every question.
People who bought this also bought:
- Maths Stretch and Revision (6-12+ weeks): This course is fully planned, children are taken logically through a structured course designed to improve their performance in the most challenging forms of 11 Plus and Independent School Maths tests.
- The Creative Writing Course (6-12+ weeks): This course is designed to help children develop their creative writing skills for 11+ exams.